5 Things to Ensure Great Social Media Design
August 17, 2016
When making posts here at Evoke, whether it’s for clients or ourselves, we always have these 5 things in mind when designing new material to keep your social media looking fresh.
1. Photography - Good photography can really make an impact and bad photography can detract from people’s opinion about what you are advertising or posting. No one likes a pixelated, blurry, or poorly lit photograph. A clear photo that accurately depicts your products or services in a positive light can, as they say, speak a thousand words.
2. Typography – Whether you are staying consistent with a brand or creating something new, typography communicates not only words, but style too. Make sure to keep an eye on kerning (space between letters), or leading (space between lines of type) so the text is properly balanced. Also, it’s best to use no more than three different style fonts in one document.
3. Balance - Negative space, color, images, and text all contribute to the visual balance of a piece. Make sure the eye is drawn to important aspects of the post and create a visual hierarchy, ordering things according to importance.
4. Communication – be clear in what you want your audience to get from your post. Make it simple enough so people don’t lose interest but detailed enough so that novices can find their way around the page.
5. Brand Consistency - keeping with the same style or colors used in your brand creates a consistent style that people will be able to recognize as part of your identity.
So, remember when you’re crafting your next posts- it’s all about the little details! Happy posting!